Imagine you spend time and effort to post things to your personal timeline or business page on Facebook but they are removed without any trace or notification. If you boosted these posts, you will see the errors below in your Ads Manager:
Missing Required Parameter: To generate a creative preview, ‘creative_id’, ‘ad_id’ OR ‘creative’ must be provided. (fbtrace_id: Dbl50XhjKhT)
Permission Error: Either the object you are trying to access is not visible to you or the action you are trying to take is restricted to certain account types. (fbtrace_id: BMPRBL4yuie)
Check your Activity Log. Do you see the post there? If yes, you can make it visible in your timeline by clicking the button next to it.
If the post is not displayed in your Activity Log, it means it’s gone (sorry). Try to add it again. If it disappears again, try these before giving up using Facebook:
- Find the pattern: If there are both text and photo, try posting only text or only photo. Does it disappear?
- If it disappears when there is only text, it means there is a link or something else that makes Facebook behave oddly. Make changes to your text and try again
- If it disappears when there is only photo, it means the content or format of the photo breaks a logic somewhere. Try uploading another photo. Try changing to extension of the photo (PNG to JPG or JPG to PNG)
- Use another account: If this is a page or group, try posting from another Facebook account
- Change configuration: Go through the settings of your timeline or page. Play with privacy, location, and other settings to find a way to get around this issue
In my case, the issue was the format of the photo (I know, it sounds weird). I changed it from PNG to JPG and my posts stayed in my page!